Duro-Last is a leader in manufacturing cool roof systems. A cool roof is both highly reflective and highly emissive, transferring less heat into the building compared to a dark colored “non-cool roof.”
Cool roofs provide benefits in all climates throughout the United States:
- Cool roofs, with highly reflectivity and emittance, can be 70 degrees cooler or more during hot summer days when compared with traditional roofing materials.
- Cool roof systems save money and energy during peak cooling demand periods – typically mid-days, when electricity demand and costs are highest.
- A cool roof surface can reduce the cost of operating rooftop HVAC units because the units will use cooler air than if mounted on a dark roof surface.
- Cool roof systems help reduce the urban heat-island effect by reflecting solar heat rather than absorbing and transferring it to buildings.
- By keeping moisture out while reflecting ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) radiation, a cool roof can help to protect underlying insulation and the roofing sybstrate from deterioration.
The Duro-Last Cool Zone® cool roof system offers all these benefits, and more. In fact, the Cool Zone system delivers the Five E’s of sustainable roofing: Energy, Environment, Endurance, Economics, and Engineering.